MAD HOUSERS Inc. is an Atlanta-based non-profit corporation engaged in charitable work, research and education. Our charter outlines our goals and purposes:
- To provide shelter for homeless individuals and families regardless of race, creed, national origin, gender, religion, or age.
- To develop low income housing for people in need of housing.
- To help people develop the skills and knowledge for constructing and rehabilitating housing and shelter.
- To increase the quantity and to improve the quality of housing in the world.
- To act, if necessary as an advocate for the homeless, to ensure that their moral and civil rights are protected.
The Mad Housers believe that if a person has a secure space from which to operate, they are much more capable of finding the resources to help themselves.
(6/27/2015) So we're retiring the blog because, frankly, we don't post often enough in it to give the impression that we're still around. We are, though, and if you want to get a feel for what's currently up head to our Facebook page!
There was a lot of good stuff in the old blog, so it's been preserved under the 'Articles' section in the navigation.